Strona Główna · Struktura · Artykuły · Grupa Interwencyjna · Grupa Sportowa Kwiecień 25 2024 12:06:36
Nawigacja
Strona Główna
Struktura
Szkolenia i Kursy
Artykuły
Grupa Interwencyjna
Grupa Sportowa
Praca
Galeria
Kontakt
Współpraca
Linki
Szukaj
Użytkowników Online
Gości Online: 7
Brak Użytkowników Online

Zarejestrowanch Uzytkowników: 65,535
Najnowszy Użytkownik: vxzv8uqj
Reklama

TV Leszno

MOS Leszno

Akuna

PWSZ Leszno

Zobacz Temat
WOPR - PWSZ Leszno | Strona | Off-Topic
Autor How To Save Money & Health Insurance In New Jersey
Lucysrfr
Użytkownik

Miejscowość: Australia
Data rejestracji: 05.07.12
Dodane dnia 18-07-2012 11:10
Defense Towards Medicine Mistakes

Yesterday, I chosen up a new antibiotic prescription for my daughter from my nearby pharmacy. (We recently adopted my daughter from India where she experienced recurrent ear infections ensuing in severe hearing loss. And, she is about to endure the 2nd of a number of prepared surgical procedures in order to attempt to repair the harm.) Prior to placing her to sleep, I received the new medication out of the bag, glanced at the directions, and ready to give her the drug according to the directions on the label. Just prior to doing so, I had a fast double-consider. Something appeared to be incorrect. I seemed at the directions once more, and thought to myself gradually, *What*s going on...this doesn*t appear right.* Then, it hit me that the dose seemed awfully high for her. It took me a minute or two to place the items together (it had been an unusually difficult fight getting her ready for mattress, I was exhausted, I was confident in my daughter*s doctor, and I was considering maybe less critically that I should have). And then I observed it. The label had a stranger*s name on it. After an additional second or two, I noticed what experienced really occurred. The medicine came in a box. Every side of the box had a various label...1 label was for my daughter and one label was for a stranger. And, the stranger*s dose was much more than ambigu what my daughter*s surgeon experienced recommended. (This error didn*t happen in a mother-and-pop pharmacy. It occurred in a contemporary new chain pharmacy whose name you would identify from advertisements on Television.) I*m not a surgeon...and I*m not a pediatrician...but I am a physician educated in internal medicine and I have invested most of the final twelve many years writing about, speaking about, ?????????????? ?? and creating methods to ????????? ??? decrease the frequency of medication error and enhance the safety of pharmacy apply. This pharmacy error brought the subject of drug safety house to me...actually. What I can inform you is that this type of error happens all as well frequently in the United States (and about the globe). And, that it can have devastating effects for the individuals involved. A recent research in the New England Journal of Medicine indicated that 25% of patients who consider one or much more prescription medicines will experience an adverse drug occasion inside 3 months-and 39% of these are preventable or avoidable. The Harvard Medical Apply Study discovered noted in JAMA in 2001 that thirty% of individuals with drug-associated accidents died or had been disabled for much more than six months. And, what nearly everybody who research this issue agrees is that current systems for selecting medications, dosing them, speaking a prescription to a pharmacy, dispensing medications, and instructing individuals on their secure use are woefully insufficient. In this collection, we are going to take a close look at the processes that cause medicine errors (some things that your physician and pharmacist may not even want you to know) and what steps you can specifically consider to make mark by mark jacobs sure that you and your adore ones are guarded from this hazard. 10 many years ago, your capability to get current, goal, dependable info on your medicines in a quick and simple way was virtually non-existent. It most likely would have concerned a trip to the library and required considerable understanding about pharmacology to get the solutions. These days, that*s not the case. There is a host of on-line tools, databases, and sources that allow you to discover info about medications that even your doctor and pharmacist may not know. We*re going to talk about them, display you had been to go, inform you the important things you require to know about medicines, expose some myths, and allow you know the concerns ?????????????? you should be inquiring. It*s not as difficult as it might seem. In fact, you require to become the last line of defense in the battle towards medication mistakes. All through, we are going to give you some important guidelines that ought to guide your defense. So, Rule Number one. Trust, but verify. By no means assume that the medicine you have obtained is the right medicine for you or that it is dosed correctly for you. Specifically, you ought to check:the title of the patient on the bottlethe title of the physician on the bottlethe title of the medication (and cross check it to be sure that it treats a disease or problem you really have... there are lots of look-alike/audio-alike drug names out there)the dose (from an independent supply...to make certain that it is a ????????????????? plausible dose for you)the *route* (to make sure, for example, that eye drops are being prescribed for the eye, and not the mouth, or the ear...amazingly accidents from drug misplacement occur all the time)the expiration date.We*ll talk about some specific sources that will assist with every of these throughout this series.The outcome, we hope, will be the piece of mind to know that you and your family are getting your seven rights:right drugright patientright doseright timeright routeright reasonright documentation.Correct on! 2004 Timothy McNamara, MD, MPH
http://www.marcbymarcjacobsbag.biz/
P.44w.oh.e.roo.m 806562602 Bockalakalus P44.wo.her.oom4a.ll@gmail.com http://www.toryburchjpmall.com/ Wyślij Prywatną Wiadomość
Skocz do Forum:
Login
Użytkownik

Hasło

Nie jesteś jeszcze naszym Użytkownikiem?
Kliknij Tutaj aby się zarejestrować.

Zapomniałeś hasło?
Wyślemy nowe, kliknij Tutaj.
Flash Zegar